JULY 29, 2021 COVID-19 UPDATE
July 29, 2021 Update
- The Austin Convention Center Department (ACCD) continues to adhere to all City of Austin, Travis County, State of Texas, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations
- While there are currently no specific orders in place, ACCD recommends that protective masks are worn during your visit to the facility. Face coverings are optional for event attendees, staff, and contractors.
- Should clients choose to require face masks for attendees, communication and enforcement would be their responsibility. Your event is important to us. Our team members remain committed to assisting you in achieving the highest possible level of sanitization and health standards.
- While no social distancing requirements are currently in place, we are prepared to customize your event to your comfort level. Our buildings are uniquely adaptable and equipped to accommodate an elevated standard of customization which allows us to partner with you towards achieving the safest and most considerate floorplans and reimagined designs during these times.
- We maintain a commitment to implementing industry-leading safety and sanitization measures from your arrival in our garage throughout the time spent within the building.
- Per the recommendations of Austin and Travis County health officials, the City of Austin has entered COVID-19 risk-based Stage 4 Guidelines. Although a mask mandate is not essential, Stage 4 recommendations are masks should be worn regardless of vaccination status.
- View ACCD’s Client Resource and Safety Action Plan by clicking the link to see what makes the Austin Convention Center a Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star accredited facility. ACCD is committed to keeping us all safe and healthy!
MASK GUIDELINE AND SOCIAL DISTANCING UPDATE FOR JUNE AND JULY
May 28, 2021 - The Austin Convention Center Department (ACCD) is excited to welcome guests back to the Palmer Events Center and the Austin Convention Center buildings. ACCD is adhering to all City of Austin, Travis County, State of Texas, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations.
Although ACCD recommends that you wear a mask during your visit, face coverings are optional for attendees, staff, and clients. Enforcement is now the responsibility of the event client. Starting in June (2021), the social distancing requirement is three feet, and from July and beyond, there is no social distancing obligation.
Health screenings and temperature checks upon entry are not required but are available as optional services per client request. We look forward to seeing you in Austin!
- Paul Barnes, Austin Convention Center Department, Deputy Director – Chief Operations Officer
For more information and to view the Client Resources and Safety Action Plan and catering guide, visit the link below.
Palmer Events Center Open to Host Events – Guidelines for Doing What We Do Best
March 11, 2021 - The Austin Convention Center Department has been given authorization by local health authorities to operate at 25%, and are expecting percentages to rise as the number of vaccinations increase. Events can start in April for the Palmer Events Center and in May for the Austin Convention Center.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or face coverings are required by all individuals at all times while inside ACCD buildings. The City of Austin continues to prioritize employee and public safety and will maintain all COVID-19 safety protocols, including requiring everyone—employees and public—in a city facility to wear a face mask. The City continues requiring physical distancing and all other hygiene protocols.
The Austin Convention Center and Palmer Events Center are operated by the Austin Convention Center Department, a division of the City of Austin. The department will continue to operate under the guidance of the City of Austin, Austin Public Health (APH), and other local health authorities.
Paul Barnes, Austin Convention Center Department, Deputy Director – Chief Operations Officer
For more information and to view Austin Convention Center Department guidelines, Client Resources and Safety Action Plan and catering guide, visit the link below.
Non-Vaccination Sites: Palmer Events Center and Austin Convention Center
January 29, 2021 - The Palmer Events Center and Austin Convention Center are not currently operating as facilities for COVID-19 vaccine providers. Click below for more information from Austin Public Health to pre-register for vaccination and maps and listings of area vaccine providers.
Palmer Events Center to Serve as Hurricane Medical Shelter for Evacuees
August 26, 2020 - The Palmer Events Center in Austin, Texas, has been prepped and activated as a 50 bed, Hurricane Medical Shelter for evacuees who are COVID-19 negative, and require non-emergency medical care. This is to assist and support displaced residents from the Texas Gulf Coast due to Hurricane Laura. At the request of the State of Texas, the Palmer Events Center will serve as a medical shelter as part of the Capital Area Shelter Hub Plan.